CES STEM Academy
Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) are critically important disciplines for modern society. They empower our citizens in so many important ways. Science and Mathematics provide answers to the fundamental questions of nature and enable us to understand the world around us. STEM disciplines of knowledge enable us to measure, analyse, design and advance our physical environment and enhance our quality of life, especially through developments in healthcare.
Expertise in STEM subjects is necessary to drive our economic ambitions, support innovation and provide the foundations for future prosperity. Knowledge-based economies are particularly dependent on the quality and quantity of STEM graduates. Modern democracies require scientifically-literate citizens in order to make well-informed decisions regarding major global issues such as climate change, sustainability, energy, and food security.
Providing STEM Education of the highest quality is essential if Kuwait is to deliver on its ambitions to be a hub of technological creativity and an innovation leader.
STEM Education and progression into STEM related employment is critically important to ensure the continuous development of a pipeline of talent to provide career possibilities for students who follow a STEM career pathway that is highlighted not only to students but also to parents.
CES STEM Academy in partnership with the Wood Group
Wood provides performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream,
midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors.
Facilitating effective partnerships with education, business and industry
Continued effort is required to raise community understanding of the critical role STEM skills play in a knowledge based economy and the range of careers that require STEM capabilities. Partnerships and programs that bring together education and industry will enable our graduates to access training and employment opportunities that will ensure Kuwait continues to play a key role in the global engineering sector.
CES STEM Academy will facilitate an efficient and effective partnerships between education and industry that supports teachers and develop the aspirations and capabilities of students, particularly for under-represented groups. This will include:
* Developing guidance and support materials for best practice models of partnerships, including mentoring and outreach activities, that are relevant, engaging and support STEM learning outcomes.
* Increasing industry involvement in effective school-based partnerships.
* Ensuring greater alignment of initiatives to raise awareness of the importance of STEM education for all.
* Advising on the best approach to careers advice on the importance and relevance of STEM skills, particularly for secondary students and their parents.
* Facilitating greater engagement between industry and STEM teachers, for example, industry updates and work site visits for teachers.